Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sam's Club, a luncheon, Trash

Yesterday morning Larry and I decided to finally go over and renew our Sam's Club card. It's been well over a year since the card expired and we've been meaning to get over there but, don't want to rush into things. So it only costs us a $100 to get back out of that store, which really isn't bad for us.

There's something about that area that I just get totally turned around and no matter what Larry says, I'm usually pretty good at keeping my bearings. Ok, so I made one small mistake of having him take a ramp and we were heading into Indianapolis's airport, with our 85 ft train but he was able to make that illegal U-Turn with no problem across four lanes, so no big deal right. Larry always likes to take the freeway but I convinced him to take the back way. I was positive I new the way. Everything was going fine until things weren't looking as familiar as they did last year and Larry insisted I get the GPS out. I was sure I was right on track until that darn GPS came up and said we were going East instead of West, not sure how that happened. But really, WHY would a city build a Sam's on the corner of Jackson Ave and Jackson Rd, how stupid is that, no wonder people get confused.

So that afternoon Jutta needed to go to Sam's so I rode along. Forgot to get my choc chip cookie mix that morning. When we pulled out of the parking lot I figured, no problem, just did this route two hours ago, piece of cake right, WRONG. Won't go into detail, lets just say north and south have been changed in that area and we saw a whole different area than I saw that morning. Good thing she had a GPS too. Now it's a challenge so one of these days I'll go try it again. I'm pretty sure I know what I did wrong the first two times but just in case I'll keep the GPS handy.

This morning I offered to helped Donna and Dale make the fixings for their Travel Supreme Luncheon they were hosting at the Clubhouse here. So at 9:30, Donna, Dale, Bonnie, Barb and I started getting everything ready and finished just before the people started arriving. Bonnie and I slipped out and in talking to them later it sounded like everyone enjoyed the lunch and especially having it there at the clubhouse. So much so that they have already agreed to host it next year.

Here's Dale, Donna & Barb working on the clean up
And here's myself and Barb. I made the mistake of letting Grant use my camera, I prefer being behind the camera and not in front of it. Can't you tell with the death grip Barb has on me.

This afternoon we had happy hour at our place and all crowded behind the trailer to keep in the sun. The wind was pretty strong and it was only in the 60's but the sun was out and felt great.

I have another 4-legged resident to introduce you too. His name is Trash and he arrived yesterday with his dad Jim Brumfield from their home in Meridian MS. Trash's mom Hazel wasn't able to make the trip with them so it was just the guys. Trash is a huge lovable 100+ pound Choc lab who at times believes he should be lap dog.


Look at that face and those eyes. He just loves to lean on you and have his ears scratched. Just make sure your braced good before he starts learning or you'll end up on the ground. Now you may be wondering why his parents would saddle this big adorable guy with such a name. Well Jim & Hazel own a Waste Management in Meridian MS, hence the name Trash.

Tonight Dale, Danielle and I made an executive decision that we didn't want to fix dinner so off to IHOP we went. Normally this place is packed but they seated us right away. While waiting for our food we noticed the big sign that said "Senior special" buy one meal get second meal free. Unfortunately this only from 3pm to 6pm and we sat down at 6:20.


That's it for tonight. Our new readers tonight are from Mesa AZ, Ft Lauderdale FL, and Santa Fe TX. Our regular visitors are from Mercedes TX and Southgate MI. Welcome and thank you all for stopping by. Till next time..................................

No comments: