Saturday, February 20, 2010

Breakfast out, bike ride, Home tour

This morning we decided to go out to breakfast at Angels with friends Gary, Marilynn and David. David is still playing bachelor while Linda is in ND for a few more days. For once Angels wasn't too busy, we must have hit it just at the right time. Larry and I got the breakfast specially, 2-eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast for $2.99. Sure can't beat the price, I think the most expensive meal was $5.95 and that would feed us for two days.

When we got back home we decided to take a ride in the State Park. They are having a family day and even tho it was still early (9am) it was starting to get busy. Plus they had the grand opening of their new building just inside the park. I forgot my camera but the building is nice with lots of pictures and descriptions of the animals spotted in the park. Some I have seen, some I would like to see and some I hope I never see.


I was going through my pictures on my system trying to clean it up a little. How many hundreds of bird pictures does one person need. I came across some of back home so thought I'd share them.
This is the Island that has the Grand River running along each side. Great place for a walk or riding your bike to the end. Families come and picnic along the banks and toss their fishing lines in. Just a really neat place to spend a quiet summer afternoon. Back around 1900 there use to be seven islands with hotels, parks and even a roller coaster going from one to another.
I found this old picture on the internet. The article said that Grand Ledge was the biggest attraction in Michigan and they even built a special train depot just to handle the visitors. Too bad a major ice dam destroyed all but one small island.
Within a short bike ride from where we stay is Fitzgerald Park, the home of the Ledges. There is over a mile of trails like the picture above that runs along the Grand River. Not only does it have these trails but if your one of those brave people you can do some rock climbing. News articles say this is the Seventh largest in the state of outcropping of rocks.

Here's another picture taken this winter of the island. Luckily I'm sitting here in temperatures of 70's and just enjoying the pretty snow picture with all my doors and windows open.
And my last picture My sister Nadene sent this too me this fall and she gets to look at this every day from her office window. I have it on my desk top, just think it is the prettiest picture.

That's it for today. Welcome friends from Queensland, Australia whoever you are.
Till next time........................................

No comments: