Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Off to Mexico and Friends Leave

This morning we headed off to Mexico with Donna and Grant. Unfortunately with the sun being out and warm temperatures I think almost all of the Winter Texans in the RGV had the same idea. The parking lots where full and lots of people crossing the bridge. It was close to noon by the time we got there so we went to our favorite eating place called "Old Town Cafe". This is the place where you buy one Margarita and get the second one free. I have found the first one is pretty darn weak but the second one makes up for it. This is a pretty good size restaurant and it was almost full but the waiters who are all dressed in tuxes did a good job of keeping the chips coming. The food was good, I had the taco salad and Larry ordered the shrimp tacos, I don't remember what Donna and Grant had but I do remember it looked good too.

After lunch we made our way down the street and I was able to find some things for our great nieces. Still have lots of things to get but that will call for a girls day there. While walking around we did run into several folks from our park. Can't believe we actually saw them with so many people down there. Finally we had enough and made our normal liquor purchase than back over the bridge.

When we got back we found out that Kathy and Phil Dieweiler pulled out this afternoon and are heading for PA. They have had some challenges on getting out of here to head for his job but hopefully they have a safe trip. With the winter storms it was probably a good thing they were delayed. Wouldn't want to be up there in that kind of weather in a 5th wheel. I know Kathy reads this blog so just want to say we're sorry we missed you today and keep us posted.

I had forgotten I had my camera or I would of taken some pictures. But I did catch this on the way home.
I also got a picture today from Linda Cypcar. She flew home to North Dakota to help one of her daughters who was having surgery. I love my girls but I think I'd fly everyone down here rather than do this:
She will probably come back next week and just rave on how warm it is when it's only 70 degrees. Even tho I think it will probably take her a few days to thaw out.

That's it for tonight. Welcome two new readers from Dayton & Humble Texas. Till next time.....

No comments: