Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rain and more rain

This winter seems to be the coolest and wettest one we've had since spending our last winter in Michigan in 2004. We really have been lucky so far with above average temps in the different area's we've spent winters in. So I guess we shouldn't complain but I will anyway. It's really coming down again right now, have no idea how much we've had but I'm just glad we're sitting on concrete and not grass. Temp's are in the 40's and not going to warm up much today. But forecast for the weekend is sunny and in 60's so we just have to hang in there.

We went for a very short drive yesterday just to get out. Drove west to a little town called Sullivan than turned around and came back. Nothing exciting but we got out of the house for awhile. Last night we went over to Bill Bevingtons and enjoyed a happy hour with him. His wife Kathy flew back to Canada last Saturday for Xmas with family and Bill flies out on Monday. Lucky them.

Can you believe Xmas is only a week away. I'm not sure what's going on with the US Postal Service this year. I mailed out my packages (at a unreal cost) last week and all arrived within just a few days. Last year it took two weeks (mailed the first of Dec) and the most important one to our grand-daughter took over a month. I'm thinking with the time and cost that more people are using the Internet and having the items shipped to the stores for pick up. If I hadn't found the gifts up in San Antonio I would of gone this way.

Although I really miss being with our families this time of year I'm grateful we have such good friends to spend the day with. This year we will be going over to Gary and Marilyn's for dinner. We're hoping the weather (long range looks good) cooperates so we can have it on their patio. If not we'll figure something out.

Guess that's it for now. Hope everyone stays dry and warm today. Till next time........................

1 comment:

Mike McFall said...

It all depends WHO does the mailing!! LOL