Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bumper, Breakfast, Gardening

Here's a picture of the Larry and some friends putting the bumper back on the Kenworth the other day. The hood was always hard to get lined up when closing it and it had something to do with the hinges and needing re-glued. If you want more detailed information you can email Larry. Since this is my blog I get to use words like, what ya ma call it, something or other, those thingies and don't have to go into great details. Anyway while he had the bumper off he sanded it down and filled some of the chips, patched cracks and got it painted. Now everything looks good, hood closes like it should and he's a happy camper.

This morning was the monthly breakfast at the clubhouse and since I volunteered to help I needed to be up there shortly after 7am. We had a pretty good turn out, you can't beat sausage, pancakes, scrambled eggs, juice and coffee for $3.00. After I was finished there I came home and Larry was working on the truck. He was really a sick puppy last weekend and just can't seem to get his strength or energy back. He didn't think it was a very good idea to go up and help around the food so he stayed home this morning. But as I type this he has fallen back to sleep, so guess he over did it again. I got some cleaning done inside and a couple loads of laundry. Than while Larry took the truck out for it's monthly run up and down Hwy 83 I got the driveway swept.

I also worked on trimming the bushes on our lot. After that frost last week they are not looking too good. So got my little hand trimmer out and started clipping away. With the cold temp's the last few days everyone pretty much stayed inside. You know it's cold and gloomy when we don't have happy hour for two days in a row. It never got out of the 40's yesterday so while Larry read a book and napped I worked on some ancestry searches and watched snappy xmas movies.

Guess that's about it. Nothing exciting going on, not even any illegals since the other day. I did have to laugh today in watching our neighbors. The sun came out for a very short time and it was like spring had arrived. All of a sudden people were outside, some just sitting, some working in their flower beds and others standing out talking. You would of thought we all just spent two months cooped up in our houses instead of two days. Tonight I plan on walking around and taking some pictures of the xmas lights for tomorrows blog. So until next time.....................

No comments: