Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Busy week & it's only Tuesday

I could swear this should be Thursday but the day on our clock says Tuesday. Monday I went shopping with Marilynn, Linda and Pat. We didn't need anything but went to the mall and started walking around. You sure couldn't tell there was a recession, the place was just packed and traffic was unreal. While I was gone, Larry took Bill Bevington to the airport as he was heading home to Canada. Than in the afternoon he took Doug/Jutta Franks to the airport as they were flying to Frankfurt Germany to spend the holidays with her family. Lucky people to be home with the family.

Also during the day we had friends arrive. Dave Czetli pulled in early in the morning, Ute will be flying in on Christmas Day. She is still recovering from her surgery's after the accident and is unable to ride that long (from Delaware). Mark Shelly pulled in shortly after Dave and he will be flying back to MA on Christmas Morning. Than shortly after noon Jack and Danielle Mayer arrived. They were in Summerdale AL and with all the rain they were unable to pull off their lot until this weekend. So we had a great happy hour last night with new conversations and lots of laughs.

Today Larry actually went grocery shopping with me first thing this morning. I always ask but normally I get a "no". Glad he went as there were items for recipes that I haven't purchased down here and he would go off looking for them.

Christmas Eve morning we are having our traditional Champagne Brunch with our HDT friends. Always have lots of good food and I think there's around 17 of us. That evening there's a gathering at the clubhouse but not sure if we'll go. We are having dinner (a simple light meal) with Cypcars, Orthober's and Olson's. There's suppose to be a cold front going through that afternoon and since our place has the most room we're having the dinner here. Than Christmas Day we are having dinner with these same folks along with a few others over at Orthober's. Can we say - way to much food-.

After lunch I decided I'd get a early start on cleaning the house. Than I decided I wanted to clean the carpet so I got that done. Got Old English on my wood in the bedroom and bathroom and will finish the kitchen/living room tomorrow. Carpet really looks good but still would like to get new this spring and get away from all this blue.

One of the neat things with this blog site is a map that has pushpins on locations where people are that read our blog. I haven't figured it out (but haven't really tried) why some pushpins show the city and some just say United States. We have had hits in CA, IN, FL, TX, MI, PA ND, KS, WA, CO, MN, OH and British Columbia. It's fun to look at this map, just wonder who these people are, especially you out there in British Columbia.

That's it for tonight. Have to make a trip to grocery store in the morning as Walmart didn't have any cooking applies. Can you believe that, so have to hit HEB so I can make my pie. Till next time....................

No comments: