Saturday, January 23, 2010

One talented Man

This morning after our bike ride in the park we went to breakfast at McDonald's with Dave/Linda. OK, I know, it kind of defeats the purpose of riding bikes every day by going to McDonald's but heck have to enjoy some good "grease" every now and than. So after eating we went to the Valley Woodcarving Show to support one of our neighbors Gary Orthober who had several carvings that he entered in the competition. My pictures below don't do his carvings justice.

Here's Gary at his table

Gary got 2nd place on this Redheaded Woodpecker
Here's a closer view of it. Awesome!!

Click on the picture and zoom in on this Eagle
So you can see what I mean about Gary being a very talented man. He works many hours and hours on these carvings and we are just amazed when looking at them.

OK, now the next picture is a gentleman that I have no idea who he is. While taking pictures he came over and said he wanted to pose too. So I told him I'd take the picture but his face will be put on the Internet. He said he doesn't have a computer but that would be great. So here is Mr?

That's it for today. FYI another sunny, beautiful day here in the Valley. Larry and I did another bike ride this afternoon so we logged 9 miles today. Till next time..................................

No comments: