Saturday, January 9, 2010

Lord please give us HEAT

Ok, this is enough. I've been cold now for several days and have had it. We had our "hard" freeze last night (thanks weatherman, first time right all season) and luckily Larry did unhook all the water lines. It was in the 20's most of the night so we left both electric heaters going. Actually it stayed almost too warm in the bedroom last night, I did say "almost".

We went out to dinner last night with Kathy/Bill Bevington to the Texas Road House. The place was packed but Kathy did call ahead so our wait wasn't very long. I'm sure the people waiting weren't happy with us going in before them. Larry and I both got the ribs and Bevingtons got the steaks. Rib's were good but wasn't impressed with the season rice. Especially when the waitress forgot to take it out of the bag they microwaved it in. But the best part was spending time with our friends as we don't get to do that too often.

I was suppose to help this morning at the community breakfast but had to back out. As much as I tried not to I caught Larry's cold. So figured it wasn't a good thing to work around food today. Jack/Danielle Mayer stopped by later and wanted to go for a walk, than Doug/Jutta Frank joined us. The sun finally came out, no wind but only in the 40's so I couldn't resist. It just felt so good having the sun on you.

Our lot is right on a curve of the main street coming into the park. When sitting on the sofa the bedroom slide blocks part of that street. So if people are walking on the right side of the road I pretty much only see them from the waist down. I've gotten very good at knowing who's walking just by the way they walk but with this cold weather everyone has big baggy clothes on. So unless they have a dog I can't tell. I can hear my kids saying - mom get a life. Which I do have it's just a little different then most people's.

This is it for tonight. Time to find something for dinner, grab my blanket, take my cold med's and curl up on the couch until it's time for bed. Till next time..............................

No comments: