Friday, January 8, 2010

Burr, soup, table runner

I saw something on the local forecast last night that I hoped I wouldn’t see again, a “Wind Chill Advisory” for our area. It looks like if we can get through the next couple of days it will start warming up and maybe get back to normal. The park doesn’t look very nice right now for any potential buyers. Every lot has blankets, sheets and what ever people have covering their plants. Larry filled the water tank and disconnected all the hoses and stored them inside the shed. I pulled all the day/night shades and drapes to keep out as much cold as I could. We have the storm windows on but it makes me feel warmer with the drapes closed. The wind chill this morning is 23 degrees.

Soup night last night turned out really good with very little left. I think it hit the spot and the two desserts (rhubarb and a cherry one) was really really good.



I thought I’d show you the table runner that Linda Cypcar made me. It looks so nice on the kitchen table, just gives the area some color and homey. Thanks Linda, I owe you a Starbucks.


click on picture to make them larger

Nothing much planned today. I do need to find a calendar for 2010, getting mixed up every time I look at the 2009 one. Maybe a trip to the Dollar Store for that.

We made plans with the Bevingtons a while back to have dinner with them tonight. Wasn't sure if we'd be able to go but Larry's cold is pretty much gone now. They are flying out tomorrow to the Tampa RV Show (Bill works in sales office here) as they have a booth there for Retama. This is a near RV Show at the Tampa FL fairgrounds. We were there back in 2006 and has just about anything a person would want or need for your RV.

No comments: