Saturday, January 15, 2011

Trip to the mall - cold bug - kitchen ideas

Friday: I know cabin/trailer fever is getting to Larry when he agrees to go to the mall. He did have a motive, needed to find some new shoes but he couldn't find the ones he wanted in his size so we just had a good walk around. Lunch was at the food court which is like every mall food court in the country. Over priced and just ok food. But it was nice getting outside the park for a few hours and by the looks of all the white hair sitting at tables in the court a lot of other people had the same idea.

Happy hour that night was at Dave and Sue McCarron who have a nice stick and bricks home here. I think everyone was ready to get out and see people as it kind of extended pass our hour time frame. The group hasn't been together since Monday so there was lots to talk about.

Saturday: The start of a cold hit me last night so took a good shot of NyQuil and slept really good. Felt better this morning but decided I'd better stay away from the breakfast at the clubhouse this morning, especially working around food. Other than tired and ache all over I don't feel that bad. Hopefully one more shot of NyQuil tonight will knock it out of me.


So the day was spent sitting on the sofa. Did some ancestry stuff and spent a lot of time searching for idea's for the new house. Our kitchen is small with a small eating area at the end with corner windows. So I've been thinking about putting a corner bench instead of the usual table and chairs.
This is a picture of the eating area in our kitchen.
As you can see it's rather small so trying to put a table and 4 chairs there would just make it look smaller.

So I was thinking of something like this, only not quite so big.
The bench seat would go in the corner under the windows and that would leave enough room for a chair on the other side. Since we are wains-coating the wall in that area Larry could make the bench with the wains-coating along the front. Than all I have to do is con my sister in law Diane who is a wonderful seamstress to make me the bench pad and pillows.

The room/table/chair will be painted in greens, just haven't decided the exact shades yet. And of course a new floor, which we're thinking of putting a cork floor down - that's a different blog.

And maybe white plantation shutters for the windows.
So that's the plan, at least for today. I've found in the last two houses we built I pretty much stayed with the first idea I had but we shall see. Still have a long time before the construction of the bench would begin. Larry seems to think he has other things that need to be taken care of before we think about doing this. Course the "other" things are generated from my idea of changing the locations of the sink and stove in the kitchen. But I at least left the refrigerator in the same spot. Could be worse, I haven't put a whole lot of thought into the bathroom - yet!!!!

Another cloudy, rainy day but at least warmed up to 60. They say one more day before the sun returns, sure hope so, enough of this winter weather.

Till next time...........................................

No comments: