Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mexican Dinner, Kitchen Ideas

Saturday started out with a whole lot of frost on the pumpkins or should I say the palm trees. The temperature kind of slipped lower than any of the weather people predicted so some of the pretty flowers around here may have been hit hard.

Larry's cold has really zapped him. He pretty much slept all day. He feels bad that he hasn't been able to get back over to Grants to help on the project but he wouldn't be much help this way. Hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow.
I decided it would be a good morning to take all the things I've been collecting on house ideas and get them organized and put in a binder. Pictures of window treatments, paint colors, flooring, sinks etc. Luckily Larry was sleeping while I was doing this as I'm sure there would have been some comments on the number of ideas I have. Especially those that will probably require his talents when it comes to the use of saws, hammers, nail guns, etc.

We got the sample of cork flooring that I ordered this week and I put it with the back splash and paint samples I'm thinking of using.

So for the ladies out there as I know the guys could care less here's a picture of my samples.

The cork flooring is Cherry, the kitchen cabinets are a maple with a light finish stain called Cider (sorry no picture), the glass tiles (back-splash) are a mixture of greens and cream and I've picked two colors for painting. The wainscoting in the eating area will be the darker color (left side of sample), the rest of the walls will be the lightest green (right side of sample) and the ceiling a cream color.

Remember the corner bench seat under the windows I talked about in a previous blog. Well I'm thinking of making the bench seat a deep choc brown and than have large pillows on the back.

And maybe spice it up with a splash of orange like this along with solid browns and creams.
So ends the decorating segment. Keep in mind that I may totally change my mind on everything, except the cabinets as those are already purchased and sitting in the living room. One of the benefits of having six months to think about these things is you can second guess before purchasing.

OK so tonight I left Larry home (ya I know, leave the poor guy when he's sick but hey he was sleeping) and went up to the clubhouse for a Mexican Dinner. This was a donation dinner to collect $$ for some additional Christmas Decorations next year. The volunteers did a great job on preparing the food and setting things up. Last count on the sign up sheet listed 160 people. It was out on the patio and even tho it turned out to be a beautiful day it really cooled off quick (60 degrees) about the time it started. Everyone was bundled up in coats but they all seem to be having a good time.

While cleaning out a cupboard in the living room this morning (another task while waiting for it to warm up) I came across the anniversary card that some friends gave us. Donna and Grant found it on their travels last summer and it couldn't of been a more perfect card.

I guess that's it for tonight. Oh while sitting at Jack and Danielle Mayers this afternoon Jack asked why I quit welcoming new readers and where they are from. Guess there's no good reason so I'll pick it up again.

Welcome and thanks for stopping by: Shreveport LA, Burleson TX, Garland TX, Seminole FL, Mesa AZ and Easton PA.

Till next time...............................................

No comments: