Friday, January 21, 2011

Not much happening

Guess I shouldn't have bragged about the warm temperatures in the last blog. Got bit in the butt on that one. This morning it's in the mid 30's and guess what - one of my heaters didn't work when I got up at 1 am to turn it on. It's the one I keep in the bathroom and has all the safety gadgets. The other one I never leave on during the night. So I turned both furnaces on and attempted to fall back to sleep, which didn't happen. So light on and read my book until Larry got up around 5:30.

Border Patrol was busy this morning. Helicopter was circling in the field across the road from us. Can't see much with the trailers there but they were after someone. If the illegals just crossed the river in these temperatures I bet they are freezing.

Larry and Grant are still working on Grants trailer. Hopefully they will be able to finish up soon. Larry got a little too close to Grant and caught his cold. So he took a shot of NyQuil that helped him sleep last night. But he has the cough that seems to come with this cold and it hangs on forever.

Went out for coffee with Marilynn and Linda the other day. Than a stop at Walmart and Target with closing the trip off with a hot pretzel. Not sure where you are but have you noticed the quality of items at Target has really gone down hill in the last couple of years. When we first started coming down here Target was "the" place to shop, but not anymore. About the only thing it has going for it is Starbucks.

Didn't do happy hour last night. Just to windy and temp was dropping. Did go up to my Tia Chi class at 5pm.

Had my annual poke and prods yesterday at the Dr's. When we were at Walmart the day before we all did the blood pressure test there. Their readings were all in the normal range for them, not sure who's arm that machine was testing but it sure wasn't mine. Showed I was 126/70, I have never had any where's near that high. So when the nurse did mine yesterday I was very interested in the numbers. Came back at 100/70 which is normal for me.

So guess that's it for now. The sun is up but it doesn't look very warm out there. Going to be a sweat shirt day. Till next time....................................

No comments: