Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Basketball -- No voice -- Mexico

How can four days go by so fast when you don't really do anything. I'm sitting here trying to remember what we did the last few days and we either have been pretty lazy or I'm loosing it. Of the two I guess I'll op for the lazy part.

Days have been fairly decent, at least in the 60's and more sun than clouds. But come 4/4:30 it really cools off fast and gets down in the 40's at night. Better than what northerners are having but I so want my 80's back.

Sunday is a total blank. I'm sure we did something before happy hour at Jack/Danielle's but all I can see is basketball floating in my brain. Daa do you think that may be why the day is blank.

Monday we made a trip up to Walmart for a few things. I had purchased a ham the other day and figured it was a good day to put it in the roaster on low. In the afternoon I realized there was enough ham to last us a week so at the last minute invited Jack/Danielle & Donna/Grant over for dinner. Nice simple meal but was good.

That night I started getting a sore throat and pop a good shot of NyQuil. The next day I didn't have a sore throat but I also didn't have much of a voice, which some people in this household probably enjoyed. I could talk but it was more like a squeak.

Today the voice was mostly back and we decided to go to Mexico with Donna and Grant. It's the first time going there this year since we had to wait for our passport renewals. The papers here all say the count is down on people crossing over and we could see the streets weren't as busy. In the pass there would be about six blocks to shop along with vendors. This year people are staying within the first two blocks and there wasn't near as many winter Texans walking around.
In fact Larry/Grant walked down to this leather store that was a huge place. Larry wanted to get a new wallet, but the store was closed up. To bad as that store had every type of leather clothing you could want.

So guess that fills you in. Welcome: Escalon CA, New London MN, Bedfore TX, Clearwater FL and Scottsdale AZ. Till next time..................................

No comments: