Monday, November 8, 2010

Simple days at Retama

Sunday - We went for a walk around our park that morning than a bike ride with David & Linda. It was a perfect day for riding and we ended up going just over six miles. I'll admit that night my legs could feel it. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful until Donna/Grant & Jutta (Dougs fighting a cold) came over for happy hour.

Monday - Larry started working on one of the basement compartment doors that wasn't closing properly. He thought he'd be able to fix it while still on but no such luck and he ended up having to remove it. A trip to TSC for a piece of aluminum and later another trip to Home Depot for some liquid nails. In the mean time he's been fighting a cold so I ran into Target after HD and got some NyQuil so hopefully that kicks it out of him. I'm also hoping I don't come down with it.

Tuesday - Had our first Homeowners meeting this morning. Like most of these types of meetings you have the good, the bad and the ugly. Larry and I don't get involved much on things that go on around here. We just enjoy being on our lot and in great weather. After the meeting Marilynn and I ran to the Dollar Store. That afternoon Jutta wanted me to ride along to the local garden shop. I picked up a few more flowers to put in my fire pit that I changed to a flower pit. Will take some pictures once the flowers are up a little more.

Wednesday - Larry is feeling better. Rough couple of nights of coughing and stuffed up but I think he's on the mend. Now if I get it I will be one unhappy person. We had the ladies luncheon today, a little different, some of the men offered to fix, serve, and clean up. There was a little charge of $5 but that's cheaper than if we had to fix something ourselves and I don't mind paying a fair price for events. We had a speaker from the Welcome Home RGV. This website has a lot of interesting information about the valley and is really geared for the Winter Texans. One of the things she was telling us that the valley generates $800 million dollars when the Winter Texans come to town. Guess that's why the business's around here have the best customer service we've ever seen.

The rest of the day was pretty quiet. Larry finished up fixing the basement compartment door and I helped him put that back on. Went for a walk and stopped to see David and Sue McCarron's new house. They spent the whole summer here over seeing the construction of their home and have a really neat and unique one.

From there we continued down the street and stopped at Bill and Kathy Bevington's. Bill is in the sales office of this development and they spent a good time during the summer going to rally's to promote Retama. Larry and Bill hit it off right from the beginning as they both retired from auto industry and Kathy and I can always find something to chat about.

Guess that's it for today. Hope all my family in Michigan is enjoying the above average temperatures there cause your 10 day forecast ain't looking to good. Ours on the other hand looks WONDERFUL. Till next time..............................

No comments: