Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bentsen Park

OK, so much for me posting on Wednesday and Sundays. I found that if I try and just do it on certain days I forget things I want to write about. So the heck with it, I'm just going to blog when there's something I want to say.

I've mentioned in earlier blogs about the flooding this summer in this area when they had to open the Falcon Dam. Pretty much everything on the other side of the levee was flooded including Bentsen Palm State Park. I was surprised when we got back here and found out the park was still closed to the public and they are saying it may not be opened at all this winter. Not only is there still standing water but because it was flooded for so long the road inside has to be replaced along with all of the buildings. I was reading their FaceBook site and they had a picture of a Texas Tortoise that one of the rangers had spotted in the park.

We've never seen one but I guess the park people are excited to see at least one had survived the flooding.

Today we needed to run into the Verizon store than stopped at Sams for a few things. We also stopped at a place called Boot Jack. We were there last spring and it has a great selection of clothes in Larry's size. They have women's clothing but not much so I wasn't able to find anything.

Late this afternoon our friends Dick and Helen and Gary and Marilynn pulled in. The four of them have been traveling the last couple of weeks together. We had happy hour with them but we'll catch up on their travels after they get settled. It's just good to have them here.

So that's it for today. Till next time.......................

No comments: