Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hot Days & The Cricket War

Pretty quiet and uneventful around here the last couple of days. Sunday night I had one of those wide awake at 1AM and finally gave up and got up at 4am. Boy I hate those nights. I think I figured it out and I had a can of root beer that evening. I finally started feeling tired and stretched out on the couch, about that time Larry got up so for about a hour it was one of those half in half out sleeps. We did go for a short walk but it was just to warm (yes I said to warm) to go very far. Heat index has been in mid 90's and really windy so it's not a very enjoyable walk. We have two more days of this than a cold front Thursday night with a high in the 60's on Friday. Space heaters coming back out. I do watch the weather back home and saw they had some nasty storms last night. The highs in the 60's than today 30's. I'll keep my 90's.

This morning we took off early and went to Walmart to get the groceries I need for Thursday. It wasn't very busy there so we were in - out and home by 9am. The rest of the day was pretty much like yesterday. The only exciting (if you can call it that) thing that happened was Larry called me outside to see a Walking Stick. So of course I had to get the camera.
We've had a cricket up in the air conditioner in our bedroom. He's been driving me crazy for the last week, wouldn't make a peep until after I got in bed and just starting to fall asleep. I tried everything, turned the air on (this is when we didn't need it) hoping this would blow his brains out -nope didn't work - banged on the air conditioner - nope that either - got the Febreze out, turned the air on and gassed him - YES I thought I'd won - nope it must of only stunned his cricket thingie. (Note to self - do not use that much Febreze when planning on staying in the same room for longer than 2 minutes.) But than I didn't hear him the next night so thought maybe it was just a delayed reaction and the Febreze did him in. The following night I kept hearing something weird and every time I'd asked Larry if he head that he'd just bury his head farther under the covers and I think he mumbled some thing like - Don't - no -Febreze. It was a weird sound and just couldn't figure it out. Later I was laying there reading my book and I felt something on my foot. You've never seen a person jump and slam a book down on a bed so fast. Of course between my jumping up (and possible the scream) Larry was wide awake. I wouldn't let him (Larry not the cricket) move the book until I was out of that room. Now I'm thinking that the Febreze did fry his cricket thingie and the noise I was hearing was him (cricket not Larry) trying to sneak up on me to get even. Of course the rest of the night was pretty much spent listening for noises just in case this guy had called in family members.

It's been several days now and I was thinking every thing was good - until night before last. He's back--- only this time he's on the shelf where the TV is. I keep extra sheets on that shelf and there was no way I'm looking for him. But let me tell you I'm getting really good at reading in bed with only having two fingers and my nose outside the covers.

Guess that's it for tonight. Hope you all are having a quiet night.
Till next time.......................................

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't help it, I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying here. I can just see you!