Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Daily happenings

Sunday - A nice quiet day. Went for our bike ride and rode up on the levee. You can still see water from the flooding this summer. I want to ride down to the boat dock and check that out one of these days. Warm that day - 92 degrees

Monday- after our bike ride we went to the local Verizon store to see what they had to offer. We've been with AT&T for five years and they were always a lot cheaper on the family plan than Verizon. But this summer we went into the store in Lansing and was totally turned off by the customer service. I was willing to sign a new two year contract to get a deal on the purchase of new phones but when I was told we would have to pay $18 per phone for an upgrade fee plus the price of new phones I gave them a big "no thanks". So when my phone quit half way back to Texas it was time to do something. The businesses down here are just unbelievable in the Customer Service Dept. They will do just about anything to make you happy. As it turns out because we are GM retiree's we get a discount so once that was applied our monthly bill is just about what we were paying. They don't have the roll over minutes but our monthly minutes went from 500 to 750 and since we had something like 3,000 roll over minutes I wasn't to concerned. Plus I found out that minutes don't count when you call another Verizon customer and most of our family has it. Oh and yes we were able to keep our old numbers. Broke record today - 95 degrees

Tuesday - Jutta and I had hair cut appointments in the morning. Mine was at 10am and I soooo needed a cut. My bangs were always hanging in my eyes. I could of gone to my lady back in GL. She does a great job but it also costs me about $30 there. My lady here who also does a wonderful job charges $10. Ah that's a no brainier. Jutta couldn't get her's done until 11:30 so we made a quick trip down to Walmart for a few items than back to the salon. Once she was finished we decided to have lunch at Victoria's Tea Room that's right beside the salon. It's a neat place (sorry no website) to have a soup and sandwich and of course they serve a verity of flavored teas.

While I was gone Larry and David took down the storm shutters on Gary's and Dick's sheds. They will be arriving tomorrow. Speaking of arriving Mike and Pat pulled in while we were gone. We stopped for just a second to say welcome back and we'll see them soon when we go down there for happy hour. Not as warm, only 83 degrees but the Texas wind is a blowing and awning is doing good.

It's a daily thing now to walk/bike around the park to see who came in the day before. Yesterday when we went out on the bikes we came across this huge snake and thankfully he was dead. But that puppy was long.

Here's a couple of Halloween pictures I have to share with you.

Our grand son Darrius
And our grand dog Devon

I guess that's it for today. Time to get ready for HH (happy hour). Till next time............................

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Linda. Now that you are on Verizon we can talk for free!