Friday, November 19, 2010

My Flowers - Chicken Recipe - Happy Hour Picture

Thursday - normal walk this morning so nothing new or exciting about that. Actually that's probably a good thing not to have anything exciting happen on the walks. Especially in this area where you may see a head pop up out in the brush than duck back down. So far I've only had that happen once since we've been here and that was driving down the road.

The rest of the day was spent doing laundry and cleaning house until happy hour.

I did take some pictures of my flowers.
My SIL Stint painted me the rock. Perfect place for it next to the mum plant.
This is my favorite. Knew I got this fire pit for a reason other than just having a fire.
It was Doug & Jutta's night to have Happy Hour. It really is nice having this at a different place each night. Finally remembered to take the camera.
If you click on the picture and inlarge it you will notice that a certain person has his back to me. I made the mistake of saying "everyone turn around" - you would think after almost 33 years I would learn.

The other day Marilynn, Donna and I drove over to HEB (like Kroger) as they had pork roast on sale for $1lb, chicken breast $1 lb, and beef roast for $2.47 lb. I have set it up to receive daily emails from a recipe site and one day it had a recipe for chicken I wanted to try. Well of course I couldn't find it now that I had chicken in the house so I had to make my own from what I could remember. It really did turn out pretty good (Italian dressing mix, Parmesan cheese) mix together, coat chicken, sprinkle a little parsley on top and bake for 35 minutes (or so) at 400. I covered it until the last 15 minutes or so.

So that was our day. Weather was great too but it did get cool during happy hour. You northerners stay warm. Till next time....................

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am soooo jealous over happy hour!
Can't wait until we can be home and have you all over to our place!