Thursday, October 7, 2010

Warmer days - Frustration Continues

This week has turned into beautiful fall days with above normal temperatures and sunny skies. Don't get me wrong, nights still require blankets but I'm only using three instead of four. The sad part is we've been out for a walk when it's in the high 50's and actually enjoyed it.

The other day we went out to the Apple Orchard again. The apples are just sooo good and we had the last one over the weekend. Had a nice drive there than stopped over to my brother Larry's place. We knew they would be out in the fields working but I wanted to see the table Stint purchased at Houghton Lake when we had our sibling weekend. If I'd of known we would be buying a house I would of bought it. Just a neat table and Stint has it sitting on her porch.

I may have to sneak over there some day when they are in the fields and steal it.
I tried to get some pictures of the trees out in the woods when we were driving but the color didn't show up very well. So here is the tree outside our door
We went over to St Johns yesterday and had lunch with our son Alan than stopped at a couple of antique places on the way home.

Frustration continues on the house. Title Company finally got all the paper work they needed and closing was good to go. Matt called us to see when we could close on Friday - my response - anytime. So we're waiting yesterday afternoon to get the final closing costs and the time to be at the Title Co. Nothing!! Thursday morning - figured we'd hear something early - nothing!! Called Matt at 10:30 and left message, email back he was in closing would phone shortly. OK so maybe this other closing kept him from forwarding the closing statement. Nope!! Matt called and said they (he, other real estate, title Co) had been sending emails back and forth all morning because the Closing Statement wasn't correct. It seems that $9,000.00 was missing from the EMD (Earnest Money Deposit) shown on the closing statement and the Title Co. was saying they never received a wire transfer. Now doesn't that just give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

They said they only had the $1,000 we originally gave when we submitted the offer.
OK - 1) Their counter offer was requesting a $5,000 EMD, no problem but since we didn't want to do two wire transfers from that account we wired $10,000.
2) The $1,000 deposit they said they had - they didn't. Since Matt new we had wired the EMD to them he gave us our check back.
3) Matt and the other Realtor both were given confirmation that funds were transferred and these were forwarded to Title Co.

Have I mentioned that this Title Company is also an attorney's office. Matt sends me a copy of all the emails and right now I believe we are on the 4th person in that office. Like my sister says "And they get paid to do all these mistakes". Probably big bucks, heck I could mess things up for a lot less $$.

It's now 3PM and we finally get the corrected Closing Statement with the full EMD showing. We are now good to go on the balance to be wired. Not feeling to confident on sending more money to this place but not much I can do about it. Luckily our niece works at M. Lynch and tonight she brought me all sorts of documentation of the transfer.

When Larry's brother was over earlier I told him that I really needed to start happy hour early today and to let Gail (SIL) no I may start without her. Which she was so accommodating and showed up shortly after David went home.

YAHOOOOOOO UPDATE - It's 6:30pm and just got a call from Matt. Everything set - closing at 9AM tomorrow. But trust me I will be taking every piece of paper that I have in my possession to this closing.

ONE BATTLE DOWN - now on to the next one - Our local Electric Company. Won't bother you with details but I believe I'm on person #3 and think (we'll no tomorrow) I have it straighten out.

Can anyone explain to me why it is so difficult to get these banks and companies to take your money without problems?

That's it for now - Hopefully the next post we will be able to say we are officially sticks and bricks owners. Till next time............................

1 comment:

LLonearth said...

You do know this time of year it is next to impossible to get anything done in Michigan. This is when the "Michi-ganders" all want to fly south.