Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Arrived on our lot in Retama - Mission - Tx

I think I'm going to call it a early night. Didn't sleep well last night, guess I was excited about getting down to our lot, or it could of been the Dr Pepper I drank late in the day. Which ever I'm glad I was able to get 21 TV Stations even if 18 where in Spanish. At least it gave me something to do, try and figure out what the show is about.

We were on the road by 8:30 with only 240 miles of no large cities and very little traffic. It took us about a hour to get off I37 on to US281 which is a nice four lane divided hwy and I think there was four little towns we had to go through. It was pretty foggy when we left but by the time we arrived here the sun was out.

One of the things I forgot to do was buy traveling groceries before we left Michigan. Actually that's not all together true, I did buy these groceries about 4 times and every time we ended up staying another week. With everything going on with the house last week I never gave it a thought until we were on the road. But thanks to our SIL Stint who gave us a care package before we left, we had goodies to eat while driving and beef and noodles last night.

A couple of unusual things happened today. A old beat up pickup passed us with a coffin in the back. Who knows what or if there was anyone in it but that's a heck of a way to go on your last drive. Than all of a sudden we hit a swarm of bee's and it looked like huge rain drops on our windshield. The only reason we knew it was bees was there was still some hanging on. The last thing was we came up to some slow moving traffic and the hold up was a house being moved down 281 and covering all the lanes. That was a first.

We've had friends stop in and tonight we went out to dinner with Doug and Jutta Franks. We went to one of our favorite places and had my baked potato with all the fixings, yum and of course happy hour was on so had to have my frozen margarita - double yum.

The park looks nice. Can't believe how all the plants and trees have grown over the summer and everything is a deep rich green. It looks like there's a lot of new places so tomorrow we'll take a walk.

That's it for now. I'll probably go back to posting on Wed and Sundays unless something interesting (at least to me) comes up. Till next time..............................



No comments: