Tuesday, October 26, 2010

San Antonio Tx

We arrived at Braunig Lake Resort about 2:30 after leaving Caddo Mills about 9am. We always stop at this park as our last night out and usually our first night out. They always remember us, but than not to many people forget the big green machine and when I call they make sure they leave their longest site open. Super nice people and the park is good but each time we come here there seems to be a few more long term ones. The sites are close together but other times we didn't notice how close cause the place was pretty empty. Right now there's a 5th next to us and if we put our bedroom slide out it would be over his grill. Granted it's a concrete patio but the guy could put his grill to the side instead of right on the edge. His site sure is a turn off on wanting to stay here any longer than one night.

I was watching the weather up in the mid west and back home in Grand Ledge today. They really got hit with strong winds and some tornado's. I was reading our nieces comment on FaceBook about hoping none of the old trees come down on the house. Larry reminded me we now have one of those 100+ old trees in our back yard. I really didn't need to be reminded of that. So far the neighbor hasn't called so guess it's ok.

We on the other hand had a perfect day for traveling. Sunny, warm and what wind there was was coming out of the north so helped our gas mileage. I think we were just outside of Waco and traffic was down to one lane and barely moving. Don't no what happened but a semi was laying on it's side along the road. Larry heard it on the CB almost a hour before we got there and they still hadn't cleaned it up. Lots of police around tho.

Well we almost got through Austin without a scare. I think I've mentioned several times I just hate that city. So much traffic and you go right through town. Anyway just a few miles outside and about the time I was beginning to relax we had to do a panic stop. As I put on my FB - we now know that all sixteen tires can smoke at the same time. Larry asked me later if I looked at our car to see if anyone hit it and I said no the pickup was far enough back and that's when he said there was a car between us and the pickup. It must of gone off to the side cause I sure didn't see it. Never did see why everyone hit their brakes. So much for me being relaxed.

Don't no what I was seeing yesterday when I looked at our Streets and Trips map. I thought we had around 240 miles today but it was 300. But tomorrow it's 237.9 miles from here to our door step so we should be home shortly after noon. Depends on when we get out of here. And there are NO cities to go through. We take 281 after getting off 37 and it's a divided hwy with very little traffic and just a couple of little towns. My kind of roads.

That's it for today. The next blog will be from our lot in Mission. Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Dale said...

Linda, maybe next year you might choose to leave I-35 in Waco onto US 77 and avoid Austin and San Antonio all together. It's a great road, not much traffic, a few small towns, but no noticeable slow down. We stay in Victoria and it's about 230 miles from there to Retama.