Sunday, October 3, 2010

Birthday Wish -Frost - Frustration

First we would like to wish our son Alan a Happy 42th Birthday today. Sure glad he's the one getting older and not us. Unfortunately he has to work today but we'll have a birthday lunch this week with him.

Every morning when I stick my nose out from under my four layers of covers I keep thinking we are not suppose to be here. We haven't seen October in Michigan since 2005 and even tho the trees are turning and I'll give you they are pretty, I'm not liking these cold nights, I want my Texas 90 degrees. OK, maybe I'm stretching the "cold" in the house a little more than it really is but anything below 70 degrees inside is not acceptable in my humble opinion. We have the furnace's set at 65 and Larry kicks the electric heater on in the living room when he gets up so it's fairly warm by the time I show my face but the fact is the only heat we should be using right now is Mother Natures and she sure isn't listening to me here in Michigan. And this "frost" crap is really not suppose to be in my range of tolerance.

So by my grumbling you may have guessed we haven't closed on the house yet. Everything is completed except for the representative of the bank that owns the property has to sign off. So here's the count so far - Bank in Nebraska that foreclosed on the house --Realtor representing the bank located in Lansing -- Realtor representing us also in Lansing- Title Company representing Nebraska bank that's located in Detroit - and now the Lawyer who has power of attorney for the Nebraska bank to sign off on the deed which we have to idea where he is located at. One good thing this week is someone went to the house and mowed the lawn. It was starting to look pretty bad and I was tempted to take ours over there and just do it.

I do have a couple of pictures to share with you. I spotted this guy getting possibly his last meal before winter.
Here's one of the Marigold plants we've been enjoying this fall.
And this mum plant is just huge and as you can see full of flowers.
Can't wait to plant flowers at our place next year. Already making plans in my mind of what I want to do but there is a whole lot of things that will need to be done inside so who knows how much I'll actually get done outside.

Guess that's it for now. Till next time............................................

No comments: