Thursday, December 2, 2010

Shopping & Really low Helicoper

Yesterday Bonnie, Marilynn, Kathy and I went to down town McAllen. This place is about as close to being in Mexico as you can get. There at least the streets are paved, no sidewalk vendors but the stores are just as over crowded with "junk" as Mexico is. So after wondering around town for over three hours I ended up with a 1.09 purchase. By then we were all getting pretty hungry so we stopped over Feldmans Market for a wrap and soda.
Feldmans a neat place
to have a lite lunch
It also has a huge selection of Wines and Liquor but the prices there are a little high. Since we needed to get home as it was getting close to happy hour we didn't look around.

This morning we went out earlier than normal for our walk. We were walking down

Military Road (this is a older picture)
and we could hear a helicopter coming. It was a bit unnerving having a helicopter fly just above the tree tops right beside you and feeling the down draft of the blades. It kept going back and forth along the road where we were walking. Luckily the illegals either went the other way or they buried themselves deep in the brush. But I'm thinking if the guy in the copter who was scoping things out didn't have his goggles on I would be able to tell you the color of his eyes. Told Larry I wish I had my camera but he reminded me that taking pictures of the Border Patrol is not the best thing to do, they frown on it.

This afternoon Linda & I ran up to Walmart to get a few groceries. I was surprised they weren't that busy so it didn't take us long. I also needed to pick up a gift. Each year the park gets involved with a project called Angle Tree. The child we have is a little girl that's 4 years old who's name is Linda.

The new remote control came today from Direct TV. The buttons on the old one wouldn't turn the TV off and would have to keep pushing them to get the volume to change. While talking with Direct TV person about the East/West Coast feeds I had them send us a new one. So Larry got that programed and guess we didn't realize how bad the old one was.

So guess that's it for today. Till next time................................

No comments: