Sunday, December 5, 2010

Our Special Day

Friday - This was a special day for Larry and I. Our 33rd anniversary. And to make it even more special we actually 1) remembered it, 2) got the day right & 3) got the year right. OK this calls for a little more explanation - 1) we always had a hard time remembering our anniversary and actually depended on our kids to remind us. After all they were not only at the wedding but the five of us took off together for a honeymoon at Disneyland. 2) probably the first 25 or so years we both thought we'd gotten married on the 2nd. For some reason I needed to get a new marriage license (yup lost the first one) and guess what - it was the 3rd. 3) also when we got the new license it gave the year which we were a little fuzzy on - but only by 1 year - we new it was either 1976 or 1977.

Thursday night our friends helped us celebrate with a carrot cake and a really neat card. I want to take a picture of it and show you - and I will - just as soon as I remember where I put it - and it's in a place so I'd know right where it was. Any hints?

Back to Friday - Normal walk that morning. Did see something different, there were three Border Patrols agents that went pass us on four wheelers. We saw a lot of 4wheelers when we were out in AZ but have never seen them here. Really does make sense with having to go out in brush and across fields, plus I'm sure it's still fairly wet down by the river. Which is something we need to do, go for a walk down by the river and see how much is still flooded. The weather was perfect so we were sitting outside and soon Doug/Jutta walked over, than Donna/Grant and shortly after Gail/Bonnie stopped. A nice happy hour anniversary with some good friends and at the last minute we decided to go out to Excalibur for dinner. My favorite bake potato place and awesome frozen margarita's.

Saturday - another beautiful day. I turned the air conditioner on early as it was suppose to be in the high 80's and since I'd have the roaster going I knew it would get pretty warm in here. Reason for the roaster - you ask - I was making a boiled dinner for friends Gary/Marilynn and David/Linda. So we had a nice evening of good food and great company.

Today the cold front went through about 6:30 this morning so it never got out of the 60's. We made a trip into Academy Sports early, my tennis shoes are getting pretty bad and really needed to get some good walking shoes. The rest of the day was pretty much spent inside watching old movies on TV. Happy hour was canceled, just too cold to be sitting outside.
So that fills you in on the last couple of days. I do have a couple of pictures to share.

Here's my table decoration, Linda Cypcar made me the table mat, isn't it cool.
If you zoom in you will see the Christmas Decoration that Jutta/Doug brought back from Germany last year.

Here is my little decoration. I got the flowers on one of the trips to McAllen.
So that's it for now. Heading to the mall tomorrow on a hunt for UGG Boots for the grand-daughter. I'm just excited she's actually wearing boots back there in Michigan and has put the flip flops away (hopefully) for the winter. Till next time..........................

No comments: