Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And than there was POWER

Yes Monday came and so did the Electric Company. Here is Larry, David (nephew) and 2 of the crew guys plotting the plan.

Shortly after that truck arrived two others pulled in.
(the second one is behind this one)
Plans were changed as this crew wasn't thrilled about having to cut the center out of a tree that the wires were going through so a call was made back to the office. An engineer came out and it was decided that they would put a taller pole up so lines could go above the tree (guess they figured that tree wasn't going to grow any taller). Another waiting period while a different pole was brought here.

But finally it arrived and the work begins with the auger digging a new hole.
(old post stays until cable line removed)
Unfortunately they had to removed one of the bushes where the guide wires were.
Now it's time to set the new pole. Made me just a little nervous having all this going on so close to my home. But Larry was kind of hoping the pole would tip just enough to damage the roof of the trailer as it needs to be replaced.
Finally the pole is set and the new transformer is being attached.
About now I'm thinking "YES" won't be long now. But nooooo, all of a sudden they were packing up and backing out of the driveway. NO- PLEASE- COME BACK. Yes it's after 4pm but we are so close. How could they leave me this close to having the use of our air conditioners with a heat index of 94 degrees. Larry said they would be back the next day and finish but I really didn't believe him. I just knew we would have one of those great Michigan storms that takes out half the States electricity and we wouldn't see these guys again for weeks. So imagine my surprise when they pulled in early this morning (well early for them) and within a few hours they had the new wire run. First test - turning the down stairs air conditioner on. Kicked right on, so far so good, but now for the big test, turning the upstairs air on at the same time. YES - it worked - all is well in the Moore household.

OK, enough on the power problem. Hopefully you will never hear about it again.

That's it for now. I will leave you with one more picture. This week my brother and I had our 60th birthday. Actually he turned 60 six minutes before I did but who's counting. The four of us (brother Larry B. & SIL Stint) went out to lunch on Sunday than back to their place for cake.

This was waiting for us.
Now know one can tell me I never put any embarrassing pictures of myself on this blog. But at least I get to share it with my twin.

Till next time..................................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! and Happy A/C!! Now Larry can give that good ole generator a rest, and oil change!

See ya soon!

Doug and Jutta