Saturday, August 14, 2010

Quiet Week & More Flooding Pictures

We've done absolutely nothing this week. It's been pretty much hot and humid all week so we've been staying inside with the air conditioner running. So I've been reading friends blogs and enjoying what's going on where they are at.

I was just looking at some pictures and forgot that I had a couple of the flooding at the Bentsen State Park that we ride our bikes in down in TX. A friend David Cypcar sent us some pictures and others I copied from the Parks Facebook site. If you would like to see more go into their site on FB and check it out.

This is the picnic building about a quarter of a mile inside the park.

Another building that's on one of the circle drives
I took this picture last winter.
During the flooding
Guess there wasn't to many speeders on this road.
Another picture of the speed limit sign a few days later
One last picture of the road.

It should be interesting to see what the park looks like when we get back this fall. There's one thing I'm wondering about. Where did all of Natures Critters go? Especially the snakes? Already told Larry he will be checking out shed out before I step foot in it. But there are lots of Javalina's in the park so I'm wondering what high ground they moved too.

But I especially would like to know where this guy is?
I copied the picture from the FB site but this guy has been seen many times sunning on the ledge that is at the entrance to the park.

Guess that's it for now. Cooler temp's suppose to come by Monday so it will be good to open the house back up. Till next time.....................................

No comments: