Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ancestry - Air Card - Flooding Pictures

Have any of you ever wondered about your ancestors and what they went through. I think about this quite often only because I really enjoying researching our families to see what kind of dirt I can dig up (get it -ancestors-dirt -dig up--- sometimes I crack myself up) But anyway I’ve found some interesting things, some sad - many that have died young from fevers or in childbirth - some shocking - ggg-grandfather that was convicted of murder and sent to prison only to escape in 1860 & never found - some exciting - weeks of crossing the ocean to start a new life. I have many sites that I’ve been able to find information on and if any of you are interested in these sites send me an email and will forward them to you. But beware - you may think this is a hobby you can just work on during rainy afternoons but it is addictive. Especially if you come across that black sheep in the family that you didn’t no about, you just want to keep on digging. Pretty soon you get the reputation of “chasing dead people”.

Speaking of rainy afternoons, that is what we are having right now. It’s actually nice, we’ve needed some rain and there’s a cold front right behind it. It has been warm and muggy the last few days again and since we STILL haven’t seen the electric company we seldom use the air conditioner. Larry did call them again and talked with someone higher up. We have a schedule date on next Monday (1st) so hopefully they will show up. One of the poles they will be replacing is pretty darn close to the back of our trailer so I’m thinking Monday might be a good day for me to go away. Things like large poles falling on my home do tend to make me a little nervous and Larry telling me we’d get a new trailer from the electric company really doesn’t make me feel any better.

The new Verizon Air Card came today. The old one gave up the ghost (just can't get off the ancestry wave) last week while we were up to brothers place. Luckily we were able to get on nephews, not really sure what life is like anymore without our internet but I’m sure I don’t want to find out. We’ve become very dependent on these computers from finding out what is happening around the world down to just how far that thunderstorm is from our house. Larry has certain things he reads every day as I do and the most of them aren’t the same. That’s why we both have our own laptops and we are not good at sharing. So you can be sure of one thing, when a computer dies in this household it is replaced within a matter of hours.

As you probably can tell there isn’t too much to write about this week. I have one picture of the flooding down in Mission that one of the residents there has posted on FB. This is Chimney RV Park that is a couple of miles east of us.

Found this online of the Clubhouse

This was from FB, a little blurry but you can still see the damage

That's it for today. Tomorrow is little dude day. Not sure what we'll do with him. They have a kids day on Thursdays at the local movie theater so if I can talk gr-pa into it we may take him down there. For $2.00 (& that's the everyday price) it's a cheap afternoon in air conditioning.
Till next time.......................................

No comments: