Friday, July 23, 2010

Family and Friends

Tuesday morning we took off and headed for my brother Bob and SIL Dianes place in Houghton Lake. It was cloudy and a good chance of rain that morning but by the time we arrived it was a beautiful day there. Bob had a meeting after lunch with the Elks Club so

Larry did a little fishing

while Diane and I went shopping. It's just not the same if we don't make at least one trip to Arnies Arts N Crafts
Now my family and friends all know there is one thing I am "not" and that's crafty. When there is something going on at the clubhouse that pertains to sewing and I want one there are two things that I take with me. My sewing machine and Larry. But this does not stop me from going into some of the craft stores and looking around.

Especially this one that not only has crafts but a neat Coffee Shop
and Gift Shop

That afternoon we took their pontoon out on the lake and Larry/Bob/Diane did some fishing during our happy hour. The water was calm and hardly anyone out there. We ended the day by having some yummy steaks on the grill.

Wednesday we had made plans to go over to West Branch to see our Retama friends Grant and Donna Zinneckerg who have the lot right next to us in Texas. Donna had a tasty lunch ready for us and we took a couple of hours to do catch up on what's been happening. My SIL Diane invited them back to their place for dinner and boat ride so they followed us back to HL.

The wind had picked up by the time we got out on the lake and it was pretty rough. Things were going pretty good until the front of the boat went down and a wave went up. Donna and I were sitting on the front fishing chairs and yup we got it. Luckily we were both somewhat facing the back of the boat so it wasn't a full face hit but we did get pretty wet. Sorry no pictures of Donna or I but here's one of the rest of the group on the boat.
We had planned on stopping at one of the restaurants on the water but decided we would go back to the house and drive. Had a nice dinner at Limberlost where we all order Wet Burrito's and they were better than some we've had down in Mexico and Texas.

After dinner we went back to Bob & Dianes and enjoyed sitting on their patio
Was great seeing Donna & Grant and spending the afternoon with them. Hopefully we'll be able to get together again before they leave Michigan at the end of Aug but if not we don't have far to walk to see them down in Texas.

Bob and Diane have such a nice place on one of the canals that I wanted to share a couple of pictures.

Really loved bringing my morning coffee out here
and just enjoying the view.
That's it for now. I know there's been many new hits on my stats so want to say Welcome to all of you. Till next time.......................................


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures as usual, Linda!