Thursday, April 1, 2010

To young for a shot & B-day wishes

On Tuesday I found out that the local health dept was giving Shingle shots for $15.00. Our Dr's office here charges $150.00, so we along with four others decided to go over. Larry's mom had shingle's several times and she was miserable. So after waiting two hours (thank goodness there were only 10 people ahead of us for that shot) Larry and I were called in to fill out the paperwork. Well guess what, I couldn't get it cause I was too young. Four months shy of being the magic age of 60. That was a bit frustrating, but what really got me was I could have gotten a H1N1 shot for free and never gave it a thought. Oh well.

After the Health Dept Marilynn, Shellie (DIL), Linda AND I went over to Renee's to meet Pat and Helen for lunch. They had appointments in the beauty salon and we got there just as they finished. This place is kind of neat and we've been there several times for lunch. Afterwards we ran over to the mall, Linda and I did a good job of talking each other out of things but Marilynn and Shellie both found things. For three days the stores are not charging sales tax on items and at almost 10% that could be a savings.

We had to make a trip over to Home Depot last night for something Larry needed to paint the trailer. Since it was late we stopped at Church's Chicken for dinner (sorry Jack I know this is your favorite place).

A couple of birthday wishes to our sister in law Gladys (Stint is her nick name), Jeremy who is our great nephew and LaVila who is a dear friend. Hope everyone had a great day.

Guess that's it for tonight. Welcome - Katy TX and Paradise Valley AZ Till next time....

No comments: