Monday, April 5, 2010

IT's FINISHED

Sunday morning while I was getting my food ready for Easter Dinner Larry worked on finishing up the trailer. I think it looks great but Larry wasn't totally happy with it. But than he is his own worse critic on things he fixes or builds. Lots of compliments from the neighbors tho. Here's a before and after picture.
Here is what it looked like after cutting the section where the dry rot was.


And here is the finished work. Sure can't tell it's been patched.

This morning Marilynn, Bonnie, Danielle and I went to downtown McAllen. I was there a few weeks ago but the rest haven't been there before. After taking a bit of a scenic tour thanks to a friend (who will remain nameless other than to say she has the same first name as I do and her last name starts with a C) told me to take 1 Mile and we should have been on Bus 83 we got where we wanted to be. I was surprised how many people were down town but we spent a couple of hours wandering the stores and picking up a few trinkets. The ladies had a good time and all decided we needed to do this again next year as we never got over to the second street.

I have been trying to make reservations at Houghton Lake RV Park in Michigan. My brother Bob & SIL Diane live in Houghton Lake and we checked out many parks in that area last summer looking for one we would fit in to spend a month at. Most parks are older and sites are small but we would fit in here as long as we were in the front row. So three weeks ago I called the number and left a message. A few days later I called again and left a message. The daughter called back & said her mother was on vacation until the first of April but after I gave her the info about us she said would get back with me. Several days later another call & left another message. She did call back last week with the price and lot number and said her mother would be back the next day and I could call and give her the deposit. So since than I have left three messages and still no return call. I don't know if she is that busy getting thingsd ready for the season or if they don't want our size of rig but will not call again. To bad as it would be a good place for the grandson to come so he could go shark fishing at his Uncle Bob's.

Happy hour tonight was a tail light gathering for Gail and Bonnie Quinn who are pulling out tomorrow. They will be working their way up to KS to get their new 45 ft 5th wheel.

Larry worked this morning getting everything put back in the big tool box on the truck. I have a few things I want to go through inside the trailer which I'll get done. Been working on cleaning out the little freezer in the shed so we can store that underneath. Than we should be able ready to pull out when we want to.

Guess that's it for tonight. Welcome - Baileys Harbor WI, Victorville CA, and Alvin TX
Till next time.................................

No comments: