Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Good Old Fashion Thunder Boomer

We are sitting here in our living room listening to a old fashion thunderstorm with lots of lighting and rumbles. Even had the power go out for a little while. For some reason this area very seldom gets the loud thunderstorm. With the other trailer it would be so loud inside with rain hitting the roof you could hardly hear each other talk, but with cloth ceilings in this trailer it really isn't bad at all.

Linda, Marilynn and I went out for our last girl time today as Marilynn leaves this weekend. They both had haircut appointments this morning than we made a trip over to Walmart. From there I wanted to get my nails done and they both wanted their toes prettied up so off we went to Hollywood Nails. We were just a few miles from home when the storm hit so that was good. These roads here do not have very good drainage so there's always standing water.

I wanted to have some friends over for a meal so I decided that I would make a big pot of beef and noodles for lunch on Sunday. After doing a head count we decided to have it up at the clubhouse since our place wouldn't hold that many. Also when I was at Sams the other day they had some really nice looking pork ribs so at the spur of the moment the menu was changed. Marilynn remembered she had ribs in the freezer she needed to use up so we put cooked them all morning than put BBQ sauce on and baked them last 45 minutes. Oh were they good. I was going to take a picture but by the time I remembered this is what was left.
The rest of the food was pretty much gone too so I guess everyone was happy.

Monday Marilynn, Donna and I planned on making a trip to Mexico but the weather was just plan yucky (rainy) so we decided to stay home.

It really isn't fun walking across an open bridge to Progreso when it is raining.

So as long as I couldn't do anything outside I decided it would be a good day to clean out and straighten the cupboards in the kitchen and living room. When we sit for so long it's easy to just put things away and it's not always the best thing when we are traveling. Larry always hates it because I move things on him but I thought I did quite well this time and pretty much kept everything in the same place.

Guess that's it for today. Welcome- Dayton OH, Mainz Germany, Greenville TX, Wilming DE and Garland TX. Till next time....................



No comments: