Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'm a little behind on posting - sorry

I just realized I haven't posted since Monday. No excuses, pure laziness and some what lacking on things to write about.

Tuesday morning Donna and I went and got our hair cut. Shortly after we got here I found this woman that actually speaks very good English and charges $10 for a wash/cut/dry. But the best part is she takes her time and does a good job. There are very few salons down here, mostly a shop with 1-2 woman and if your really lucky one might (& that's a big might) speak a little English. We've all found that you never/ever say the word "cut". Everything is - just a little tiny trim- and hope for the best.

The Olson's and Goodman's left really early Tuesday morning so we never got a chance to say goodbye. I know they both read this so I'll have to say it through the blog - Goodbye!!!! I honestly thought I'd be able to see them in the morning. It never crossed my mind that Jim & Dick would get Pat & Helen up and out so early.
Goodbye Dick and Helen. Have a safe trip to your house on the mountain in CO.
So long Jim and Pat. Last I heard you were heading for cold weather in Door County WI. Poor little Max (in Pat's arms) isn't going to know what to do in that cold weather. Time for find him a coat and booties. Safe trip and we'll see all of you this fall.

Wednesday we had our last ladies luncheon and this time we went out to Mimi's. There was 28 of us which kind of surprised me. I didn't think there was that many woman left in the park. We had a nice meal and they put us in our own room.

Last night it was so nice outside that we decided to spend the evening sitting out. Pretty soon Bill and Kathy Bevington stopped over than Marilynn & Gary Othober. Gary is such a great story teller and we all just cracked up laughing. I did get a couple of pictures of the sun set.


This morning Larry and I went over to the other trailer and closed it up for the summer. He always likes to drain all the tanks then fills them with water and I have some window foil that I put on each window to help keep the heat out. We also disconnect the batteries and put the propane tanks in the shed along with all the hoses and such. Also had to stop at the office and pay our annual water/sewer bill. They charge $400 a year and your allowed 3,000 gallons of usage per month. If you go over that than they bill you but that would be hard to go over that much in our place.

This afternoon Jutta Franks and I went out for a soda to just spend a few minutes together as they will be pulling out tomorrow. Her season here seemed to have flown by with getting things done on their new truck (they got a big truck last fall) and with Doug's shoulder surgery. So we decided to go out and try and get caught up before they leave.

That's if for the week. Oh forgot to mention. I finally got a call back from the park in Houghton Lake. I've made reservations for the month of July there so if anyone out there will be driving in Michigan along US127 during that time frame look us up.

Guess that's it. Welcome - Kennesaw GA and Slough Berkshire U.K. Till next time....

No comments: