Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

What a week. Seems like all we’ve done is either fix food or eat food. I saw an article that the average Thanksgiving meal is 2500 calories. I have to admit I did my part of becoming part of that 2500 amount. I was able to talk with all my kids and some of the siblings. My sister sent us all a picture that is etched in all our hearts.

This is my father who never cooked a meal in his life until after mom died. Than he became the official Turkey Roaster and every year it was perfect.
We had a wonderful time with some of our friends here.
A perfect day to eat on the patio
We had 2 grilled, 1 smoked and 1 deep fried turkeys. All were wonderful
We were in charge of mash potatoes, Pepper’s doing her part by being the cleanup crew.
 The first of the week some of the ladies made treats to take to the Border Patrol Headquarters which is only just a few miles from here. As it turned out we had enough to take to the fire station and police dept. Everything sure looked good.

 Guess that's it for this week. Till next time.....................

 

 

No comments: