Sunday, December 2, 2012

Border Patrol, Shopping, The Birds

Another week has passed and again I’m not sure just what I did to make it go so fast.

I have finished up the Christmas shopping or at least made the final decisions.. Don’t you just love on line shopping? We decided to do a family gift for Brandi’s crew and Sears had the item so we did go there on Monday to see what it looked like. Then I came home and ordered it on line to be shipped to the local store in Lansing. The rest will be ordered today and some sites even have gift wrapping. I enjoy shopping but not so much when I “have” to find gifts. I’m more of a walk around shopper and if something jumps out and says buy me I do.

Our neighbors Gary and Marilynn arrived on Friday from WI. So nice to see them, but I think Pepper was more excited to see Gary than anyone. I swear that dog is half human and remembers everything and everyone. We were heading out for a walk when they pulled in and she about pulled my arm off trying to get to him.

There was a meeting with a Border Patrol guy this week. He was supposed to come and just give an information talk but he sure blew it. A two hour meeting in a nut shell is he thought we were all basically dumb for living where we are and that illegals are coming here to do us harm. Oh and he also said we should never go in to the State Park next to us.  Boy the poop hit the fan when the owner of our development heard this and the people at the State Park notified the head of the Parks in Austin. We’re supposed to have another meeting with the head of the Patrol on Tuesday, Should be interesting. I forgot to mention that this guy kept repeating that his pay has been cut and some of the benefits. Hmm a little bitter maybe.

I only have one picture to share. This time of year we get hundreds of birds that use our area as a landing pad and fly overs. It normally only last a couple of weeks than they are gone. Our friend Bonnie took this picture from her place and posted it on Facebook so I have to give her credit on these.

Kind of reminds you of a movie doesn't it
 

I guess that’s about it for now. Till next time…………………

No comments: