Saturday, November 10, 2012

Flowers planted - ice cream social & hair cut

 I got my flowers planted this week and here is the picture I said I’d post. The only problem with having flowers is I need to water them sometimes twice a day with this wind.  But hopefully they will grow and fill out. 


Monday Larry and Bill worked on one of the washers and dryers. I guess they haven’t worked for most of the summer.  After spending most of the afternoon on it they got them both working and so far he hasn’t heard that they quit.

One night was the monthly social at the clubhouse. Of course any social includes food so I didn’t have to cook that night. It was a perfect night to sit outside by the pools and get caught up with summer events.

Every Thursday the women go out to breakfast and they try to find a local business to try. I don’t go each week but they were going to a place I wanted to check out. There were around 15 so not a large group and we were the only ones there. Probably a good thing they weren’t any busier, we got there at 8:30 and by the time everyone was served and finished eating it was close to 10:30.  Plus many didn’t get what they ordered but by that time we just ate what was brought to us. It’s too bad as this was a new restaurant and many said they wouldn’t go back. We might give them a few months than try it again. But the price was sure right, 2-eggs, ham (I ordered bacon), fried potatoes (which were cubed frozen) and tortillas for $4.50.

When we arrived we noticed a new salon next door so we had to check it out. Again a new business and since I needed a haircut I made an appointment for that afternoon. She did a really nice job and would you believe she only charges $7.00. Looks like our little community will be helping this business out.

Today we had the monthly ice cream social. They get it from Baskin Robbins and it sure was good.

Here is a little fellow who has been hanging around our place this week. He doesn’t seem to care about leaving, just moves to a different spot.
 

Guess that’s it for this week. Till next time………………..

 

 
 
 
 



 

 

 

No comments: