Saturday, November 17, 2012

I'm Proud to be called a Wimp - A Grandma Fix

My sister keeps reminding me that I’m a wimp when it comes to the weather. As I tell her I am proud to wear that patch and will continue to stand by this honor. I’ll admit there are times that I think I should be able to handle Michigan winter weather. Did I mention that while having these thought it’s normally during happy hour sitting outside on the patio. Luckily I come to my senses very quickly. But after a week of not seeing the sun and having temperatures in the mid 60’s I have come to the conclusion I could not handle Michigan’s winter where they go months with cloudy skies. And we won’t even go in to the temperatures. 

Can you believe how fast Thanksgiving slipped up on us? It seems like it should only be October. Of course the Christmas decorations have been out in the stores since the first of Sept. so why should I be surprised that Turkey Day came so quickly.

We have a visitor in our community and she is the precious little thing. Her name is Sabrina and she and her momma Sharon are here visiting her grandparents Bill and Kathy. You can only imagine the attention Sabrina is getting with a village full of grandma’s.
Even the grandpa’s are enjoying her just as much.
There’s nothing like a baby fix, especially this time of year.

Larry got our tires fixed on the bikes so we’re trying to get use to riding those again. Short trips until my legs get used to it.
Our friends Donna and Grant pulled in on Friday so good to see them again and then Al and Betty pulled in that afternoon. So our little corner is starting to have some activity.
I’m still getting use to my computer. For the most part I really like it but there are times I swear it has a mind of its own. Like the zoom. I’ll be typing along and all at once it goes down to 60%. Than down to 40% and I have no idea what I’m doing to make it do this. I thought it was just when I’m on the internet but it also does this while I’m in Microsoft Work typing this blog. Also I haven’t been able to figure out how to turn Spell Checker on. But I’ll figure it out eventually.
Marilynn and I have been working on the Ladies Christmas Luncheon for next month. Some of the Retama men will be fixing, serving and cleaning up can’t beat that.
I’m also involved in the Bazaar we’re having on the 7th between our community and the RV Park next door. First time for doing this so hopefully we’ll have a good turnout both is sellers and buyers.
So that’s about it for this week. I pretty much have the things I need to make my part of the turkey day feast. I think there will be either 14 or 16 of us and we have 4 turkeys.  May sound like a lot but between Thursday’s dinner, Fridays left of dinner, and Sunday’s soup dinner we need that many.
We hope all our of family and friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Till next time…………………………

 

 

 

No comments: