Saturday, November 3, 2012

New Computer - Trip to Mexico

For those of you who (or have) written blogs you can relate to this. All week you do/go/see something that you tell yourself this would be a good thing to put on the blog. Than when you sit down and start typing your mind is blank and you can't remember one thing you did that week. I have a folder in my notepad named what else “blog" and the idea was to make a quick note as a reminder for the blog. Well that's all fine, except you have to remember to go into the notepad, which seems to be another problem. But luckily I am very good a rambling and can usually fill in a few paragraphs each week.

One of the special things that happened this week was Larry surprised me with a new Dell Computer. He said it was for his own peace of mind as he was getting tired of me complaining about my old one. I think he’s just a good guy and wanted me to be happy. But I will admit that I may have mentioned on occasion the problems I was having. I knew my computer was on its last leg, the G key disappeared about a year ago, the mouse pad died several months ago and I’ve had to use a wireless mouse, I swear it was over taken by ghosts as the curser would move all by itself and in order to get some of the keys to work I would have to beat the heck out of them which meant I needed to use a plug in key board.  Which was OK, except with all the cords I was constantly tripping over them when I would get up? OK, maybe I did voice displeasure a lot but I am enjoying the new one. Except – I haven’t figured out how to turn the spell checker on so I’m typing this on Word (which I love) and will have to transfer.

One morning we made a trip down to Mexico. Larry wanted to get his $3.00 haircut that is now $5.00. Guess inflation has hit Mexico.  The vendors are there but like last year they have all moved to the first three blocks of town. Crossing the bridge has increased from .25 cents to .50 cents going into Mexico but still .25 to come back in to the U.S. We were only there a couple of hours to just look around and see what’s new, we didn’t even have lunch there, so I didn’t get my 2-4-1 $2.00 margarita.  Of course maybe those have gone up in price too?

Thursday night we were invited over to David and Linda’s for a Mexican dinner, which was very good. Along with us, Lon/Pat and Bob/Kathleen were invited. David/Linda moved out of Retama and purchased a home a couple of years ago and they sure have a nice place. Love the open feature of the living area and a nice covered patio to sit out and have a drink, great dinner with wonderful friends.

The weather has been warm, low 90s each day but a cold front (low 80s) is supposed to come through later tonight. We’ve had a few sightings of illegals in the park. Actually only one sighting yesterday afternoon ,  nine of them running across the back field and a resident posted on our Facebook site yesterday morning that the trees along the fence row were speaking Spanish when they walked pass.

A trip to Lowes was in order to pick up a few things and I found a sale on iron window boxes. Regular price $18.00 and sale price was $2.50, couldn’t pass that up. Once I get some flowers for those and my pots I’ll take a picture.

Guess that’s it for this week. Till next time……………..  

No comments: