Saturday, October 27, 2012

Our 1st week back in Retama


I forgot to put a picture on the blog last weekend. I took one of Larry giving our Oklahoma cowboy last minute information before heading out with our truck.


We had the pictures of the truck on our webshot site but I think I'll probably delete it now. Last time I looked we had 13,500 + hits on it, was amazed at the number of people who looked at it. Actually just looked at the site and see where I will need to find another site to download my pictures too. They have sold Web-shot and the new one called Smile does not offer the picture site free. Sorry Web-shot but I seem to pay enough each month for all my technical things without adding you to my billing schedule.

Where did our first full week go? Larry needed to do a couple of maintenance jobs on the trailer. We went over and check the other one out. Don't remember if I mentioned it in one of the blogs but our shed at the other park was broken into over the summer. One of the neighbors there secured it for us until we could get back. They had the propane tanks outside but some one scared them off as it was sitting by the trailer and nothing else was taken. 

Monday I went to the HEB (like Kroger) for groceries. It's so nice to go in and not have to pay such awful prices for meat like it is in Michigan. I picked up steaks, pork chops, beef roast, hamburg and stew meat that after I re-packaged everything I ended up with enough for 15 meals. Can't wait for our fruit/veggie guy to start coming on a weekly basis.

One day Linda C. and I met at the mall for coffee and catch up of summer activities with family. For those of you who are heading down here the McAllen Mall has had some major remodeling, especially the food court. They even have a Sushi bar. Lots of new stores but most of them are for the skinny minnie - 20 yr olds. Linda and I decided we should open a 55+ clothing store, clothing some place between our daughters and grandmothers style cause there sure isn't many choices out there.

Tuesday we (along with other volunteers) went up to the clubhouse, pulled every chair and table from the storage and clubhouse outside and gave them all a good bleach water scrubbing. We finished those up so fast that we kept going and did all the patio tables and chairs. All set for the Oktoberfest tonight.

 We're both getting out walking more. With people pulling in daily we have to find out who's rig we saw. Of course Pepper loves it cause she gets to meet up with some of the other puppies.

The weather has been highs in the mid 90's and lows in the 70's -until - today. Last night a cold front went through and it got down to 54 degrees. Right now it finally got up to 65.  Didn't no so many people had winter coats. here.

Pepper and Foster finally got to see each other the other day.  I video them and put it on Peppers Facebook but for those who would like to see it I attached it here. About like two kids who haven't seen each other over summer break. Today we went over to the dog park and there was a small group of seven there. Pepper really needed this energy release. Anyway hope the video works cause if it doesn't I have know idea what to do.

 

Guess that's it for this weekend. Larry's watching MSU Game, hopefully it will be over before we need to go up to the clubhouse. Till next time,...............

No comments: