Sunday, May 9, 2010

Moved-Soccer-Bday-COLD

We made the big move from the farm to the nephews in town last Thursday.The weather forecast didn't sound very good over the weekend (windy, rainy and cold) so we pulled out of brothers about 9:30 and got to nephews at 9:45. Rough trip ha but it doesn't matter if your driving a thousand miles or five you still have to pack up - hook up and test everything the same way. Larry needed to dump tanks and we had to measure to see how much hose we needed for the fresh water. Each year we get a new set of hoses for here, you would think we'd remember we need a 100ft. I do want to get two of the concrete blocks like we had in Retama so we can put the awning up and leave it out. That will be next weeks project.

Friday the skies opened and did it rain. And the temperatures kept falling all day. I needed to get out and do some errands and luckily it stopped for a couple of hours in the afternoon so I didn't get soaked. That night I had a baby shower to attend for a niece on Larry's side. This will bring the count up to 15 great nieces and nephews between both our families.

Saturday just before daybreak the old wind just roared thru here. I'm so glad we made our move to town. Love being out at my brothers but it's wide open space all around us and with winds at almost 30mph and a wind chill of 31 degrees it would not have been nice. I did get a call from Linda Cypcar Friday and they had snow where they are parked in ND so guess I shouldn't complain -but I'm going to anyway.

Saturday morning was the big soccer game between our grandson's team and our great nieces team. As you can see from the one and only post Larry will be allowed to do it was so unbelievably cold out on that field. We went in the closet and pulled out any clothing that would help to keep us warm. Just so everyone understands I wasn't the only wimp there, many other people were wrapped in blankets just like our granddaughter and I were.
And here is Larry and I. He may look like he's tough but he's the only one who had long johns.
Here's Darrius during a break. Only five year olds can run around outside in that kind of weather with light sweat shirts and ask for cold water. Brrrr
After a quick trip home to change we went to a friends 90th Birthday party. If I'm still around when I hit 90 I sure hope I have as much energy as Mildred does. There was over 100 family and friends there to celebrate her special day.

Darrius came home with us for the night so the rest of the day was spent entertaining him and his cousin Sydney who was here shortly after we got home.

Guess that's it for today. Hopefully this weather will break and things will warm up. Everyone out there try and stay warm and we'll see you again on Wednesday.

Welcome - Fowlerville MI, Rapid City SD, West Frankfort IL, Bismark ND, Boise ID and Galston New South Wales, Australia. Till next time..................................

No comments: