Wednesday, May 5, 2010

At the Farm

We have really been enjoying our time here on the farm with my brother Larry and SIL Stint. Don't think I ever mentioned that Larry is not only my brother but also my twin. He's much older than I am and I don't let him forget it. That and he was a pig and stole all the nourishment by weighing in at 6lbs where I was only 3lbs.

With the weather this spring much better than last Larry B (brother) had all the corn planted by the time we got home. He has a few hundred acres of soy's to do but it's still early. So Stint and I went to Lansing on a shopping trip yesterday. We left about 8am and was home by noon. OK, I know you Retama ladies are thinking this isn't a shopping trip, this is just going for bread and milk. But to my sister in law going to the mall during planting season is few and far between. We had a good time and some day if they ever retire I'd like to get them down to Texas and show them just how life should be.

Here's our view out the dining window
This is looking out the living room.
Those pictures were taken the day after we arrived and we had a little shower.

Here is Larry & Larry moving soy bean seed.
Here they are loading the planter.
My sister-in-law Stint with one of her grand-daughters.
And here is little Lucie. She just loves sitting on her gr-pa's toys.

It's been fun here but I think we will be pulling the rig down to the nephew's tomorrow. They are calling for rain the next few days and since we have to drive across grass we need to do this when it's fairly dry. Our big truck is a wimp when it comes to wet grass. We'll come back out here before leaving this fall. The weather hasn't been the warmest for having any happy hours and my nieces and nephews are expecting at least a couple of relaxing social hours.

Guess that's it for this Wednesday. Welcome - Nassau Bahamas, Abrams WI, Killeen TX, Denver CO. See you Sunday................

No comments: