Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lunch with the Garvey's

Well we had one fairly decent day Wednesday, or at least it wasn’t raining.

We drove over to Ionia Michigan
and met Lon & Pat Garvey (sorry this is only picture I have of them)
at the Lamplight Grill for lunch.
The Garvey’s purchased a lot
in our park in Mission last summer. As it turned out they have a summer home in Belding MI. I tried to find a ariel picture of the town but couldn't. So here is one of the Library. Sure is neat looking.
So after a good lunch and conversation we left each other with promises to meet again.

On the way home we stopped at Larry/Stint's (brother & SIL) and picked up a toy bench that I bought at the nieces garage sale last week for
our grandson. When we moved to David's (nephew) the back of the car was full so we had to leave it in their garage. So until we get over to the daughters place this weekend it's riding in the back of our car.

Thursday, I was awaken to the rumble of thunder, crash of lighting and heavy rain. Not what I really wanted to hear. I thought about just burying my head under the covers and see if I couldn't totally by pass this day but about that time Larry came up and asked if I was ever going to get out of bed. Duh- no - was what I was thinking (among other things) but I did get up. The day was spent doing laundry, cleaning the bathroom and listening to the rain. See should have stayed with my first thought of the morning.

OK, I am cheating and putting a blog on before Sunday. It's hard to set certain days of doing this. Sometimes there is nothing to talk about and then other times I can just go on and on. Now if you would ask Larry he'd probably say - well never mind -we won't go there.

He did have a idea yesterday and if this weather keeps up we just might do it. As some of you know we have another lot and trailer at Hidden Valley RV Park that is rented out. It's pretty much furnished with everything except your own personal items. Well Larry mentioned that we could be back down there in that trailer within 24 hours and be where the sky is clear and temperature's are in the 90's. Luckily we are suppose to see a end to this crappy weather after today or I might just take him up on that.

So that's it for today. Hope some of you out there are enjoying decent weather but from those of you I have talked with in the last few days that's not the case. So to the Retama People, and all Winter Texas & Snowbirds, let us unite and swear we will not leave our winter homes next year until at least the end of May or first of June. Till next time..................................

No comments: