Friday, March 5, 2010

The New Slide & Mystery Person

Yesterday morning I went out to breakfast with 12 other ladies in the park here. We went to the same place as last Saturday only this time the waiter did a little better job, I'm thinking last weekend he may have been new as he didn't seem to be as nervous this time. We had a nice time and it was a good meal. Can't believe I had my camera in my purse and didn't take any pictures, must be slipping.

As I mentioned Larry has been working on a slide to put the generator on. He finished it up yesterday and it really works good.
With the generator sitting on the bed of the truck we had to be careful on making sharp turns. Too sharp and the trailer would hit it. With us not carrying the bikes anymore Larry attached this slide so while traveling the generator is moved up to the tool box. The majority of the time it wasn't a problem being back so far but on those very "rare" occasions that the navigator misinterprets the GPS there may have been a call to do a rather tight U-turn.
We had happy hour last night up at the clubhouse and had two new couples join us. They both own Big Trucks and one is staying here in the park and the other in the RV park next door. I'm afraid their names have fallen off my memory bank but they will be here for awhile so maybe it will sink in. No guarantees, I'm beginning to think my memory bank is having a global warming and pieces keep drifting off.

While out and about with my camera yesterday I came across this sight and just couldn't resist taking a picture. I would never reveal this persons name. She puts the rest of the big truck ladies to shame by getting right in there and having a hands on learning experience. She's been seen on top of the trailer helping to replace rubber seals, crawling under the truck to install mud flaps and of course this picture of her doing god knows what under the dash. Hmmm - I think maybe we need to take this lady aside and teach her the rules of the trade in owning a big truck & trailer. 1) There are Blue Jobs and than there are Pink Jobs 2) the two colors never/ever cross 3) when conversations begin with the word "install" you immediately remember that trip to the mall you promised so & so you'd take, and 4)under no circumstance admit you know what the name of a tool is. Again, I won't reveal her name but lets just say she's from a German background.
So that's it for now. Welcome readers from Detroit MI and Moscow, Moscow City Russian Federation (how cool is that. Till next time...........................................