Sunday, July 31, 2011

Garage Sales here I come

As my friends in Retama know I love going to Mexico and haggle with the vendors to see what kind of deal I can get. The same is true especially at garage sales. So when Stint (SIL) called the first of the week and said there was a estate sale on Thursday we marked it on our calendar's. The advertisement said they would start giving numbers out at 8:30 and since the estate was from a couple that have been a landmark to this small community we decided we would be #1 & #2 on the list. We weren't #1&2 but we were #3&4 and it only took us being there at 7:15am.

So here's my big find, I'm happy that I got him down to $30
Than Friday my neighbor Patty told me a about a moving sale so had to check that out.
And this is what I got, was really really happy with my $25.00 purchase.
I haven't decided what I'm going to do with either pieces. I may sand them down and paint them once I decide on the color of the furniture. Will let you know later what I decide.

Tuesday Diane (SIL) and I made a trip over the Hospice House Store. It's a great place to find the old pyrex dishes for a couple of dollars. And know this is one place I don't haggle. Larry's and my dad both spent their last days at a Hospice Home and the caregivers there are wonderful.

We finally got all the "rebate" credits from Menard's last week and there was enough to purchase a new garage door. So that's what we worked on this weekend. I'll have some before and after pictures in the next blog.

Oh, I do have another before/after of the front of the house.

This was taken last fall, see the huge maple tree in the back yard
A good power wash on the house, trimming the burning bushes, a new storm door, paint job on the front door, a little bench with flowers and edging the sidewalks sure mades a difference. But unfortunately no maple tree and we sure could of used that shade in this 90* temps.

Guess that's it for now. Till next time...................................

1 comment:

Dale said...

Love your purchases!