Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cabient Hardware - Brush Fire

Yesterday (Friday) Larry wanted to go to Lowes and see about a part for my dryer. Thankfully it's a simple fix (sort of). He said the blower wielded itself to the housing for those out there that really care. I only care that it's going to cost less that $25 to get the part and have my dryer back. I do have another washer/dryer in the trailer but it takes forever to finish a load and does only about half the size.

On the way to Lowes we decided to stop at this shop that Dave/Sue McCarron told us about that has kitchen/bath hardware. It's a small shop attached to this guys house and when you pull in our first thought was this place can't be much. Wow were we surprised. This place has a ton of cabinet hardware and even some ceiling lights and crown molding. We pretty much new what we wanted for the kitchen and we found it.

The length is 14.5 inches and is really heavy
All the cupboards will have these larger handles and the drawers will be a bit smaller. Now the great part is the cost. The manufacture is Jeffery Alexander and I looked it up on line to see what the price was there. The cheapest one I found was $9.00 each plus shipping and tax. This place has them in stock and the cost is $5.60 each. We'll pull the purchasing order out for the cabinets and get back over there.

This morning Donna and I headed for the Dollar Store that's just down the road from us. On the way we went into one of the parks to check out a yard sale. When we got out of the car I said something about there being a lot of smoke and we figured probably a sugar cane burn. Within just a few minutes the smoke was all around us and we decided to get out of there, just to hard to breath. Drove back towards our park and that's when we realized it was a brush fire in the field behind the parks. I drove down this one lane so I could get some pictures to share. All I had was the phone but they turned out pretty good.

Just glad the wind (30mph) was from the south and not the north.

We left and went to the store as more vehicles were coming down the road we were at and I really didn't want to get blocked in. When we came home the smoke was pretty much gone so I think they got it out before getting to any structures.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful and we just did some running around. Larry started watching basketball yesterday and that's pretty much all that's been on the TV. I swear basketball has been going on since last Sept.

So guess that's it for today. Till next time......................................

No comments: