Sunday, September 15, 2013

Puppy Sitting and Frost

We (& Pepper) have survived our first week of doggy sitting our kids dog Finn. It’s been interesting having a much larger one around but Finn is very well trained and has been a joy. On the other hand Pepper has had a hard time sharing her attention with another puppy. 

20130914_114459

There hasn’t been any fights between them but Pepper seems to think if Finn’s in the room she has to be sitting on one of our laps. The biggest change has been me having to go on these early morning walks. Normally Larry and Pepper go while I finish my coffee and read my news on line. But with two of them which means double on the poop duty (one being super sized) it’s easier for both of us to go. Another week and the kids will be back from their vacation to Brussels and Amsterdam and things will get back to normal for Pepper.

The weather has gone from temperatures in the 90’s to frost on the windshield within just a couple of days. Today cold, cloudy, rainy and just a good day to have beef stew in the crock pot and watch a old movie (or in our case football). I told my family they better come and take the car keys or Larry will be packing it up to head south. But they are calling for temp’s back in the 70’s this week. Speaking of leaving we have a tentative date of around the 12th/13th of Oct to head out of Michigan. We plan on going up through the U.P. (ya I know we’re heading the wrong way) and then down to Sturgeon Bay to see our friends Gary/Marilynn and hopefully Jim/Pat. They both have places in our park in TX but won’t be coming until later.

We’ll probably start putting the yard stuff away this week. Will miss my porch, sure wish I could have one attached to my trailer down south. Trying to use up the food and not buy any more then I have too but it always seems like I’m always lacking one ingredient to finish the meal. Oh well daughter will end up with what ever is left and I’m sure she’ll be happy.

That’s it for now. Half time for the Lions and we need to take the dogs for a walk. Till next time…………………

No comments: