Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Neighbor Picnic

I just looked at the last post on my blog and the one I did the weekend of 8/24 isn’t there. Not sure what happened to it and of course I can’t remember what I wrote about. Thought maybe it was in the draft section but it’s not. Oh well I guess we’ll never know.

We had our first annual Neighborhood Meet and Greet Picnic on Sunday. For it being on a Holiday weekend  we still had 18 attend. I was sort of surprised that many of these folks have lived across from each other for 20 years and had never had a conversation with them or even knew their names. This is one reason that I love spending our winters down in Retama where RV’ers aren’t bashful about walking up to a new neighbor and getting to know each other. Here’s a couple of pictures.

002006

And of course lots of food

003004

We got the patio table and chairs painted and put back on the porch. Really like the bright yellow but I need to find some new cushions.This patio set has a lot of history. My folks purchased this when they had their cottage back in the 60’s. 003

We had to take Pepper over to the Vet’s today and for some shots needed plus a allergy shot. This time of year she really starts scratching and this shot clears her right up. She sure isn’t like most dogs, has no problem walking in the office and loves the vet. He lets her give him all the kisses she wants to, all the while saying “I’m not going to even think about where that tongue has been”. Two shots and one of drawing blood and she still wanted to be give him one last kiss before we left.

Today thousands of kids headed through those big wide doors ending another summer. Some were excited, some scared and some “not” happy at all. What do you think our grand-son Darrius was.

1174870_10200530939427306_2051097_n

That’s it for this week. Till next time……….

No comments: