Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Porch is DONE (almost)

OK, I promise this will be the last time I bring the porch up. Larry finished cutting the design in the boards that were going up on the posts and the paint finally dried so we could install them. He needed to cut three more finishing boards for the tops of the posts and those are drying now so he’ll put them up tomorrow. But I really wanted to share a picture with you.

First I want to show you the before picture

007

And the After

009

Here’s a better shot of Larry’s handy work

2-2

As you can guess we spend a lot of time out there and now that I have my newest garage sale find I’m really enjoying it. Did you notice my chairs. If not here’s a close up.

 

2013072095120845

I talked Larry into walking down the street yesterday to a garage sale just to see what they had. Well there sat the two chairs and table that I wanted so bad for the front porch. I’ve looked at these and they have been well over $100 each and just couldn’t justify spending that much for two chairs to sit outside. So when I saw the price of $20 for everything I couldn’t get a twenty dollar bill out fast enough. After we got them home I gave them a good scrub and they look almost brand new. If I don’t find one more thing at a garage sale for the rest of the year I’ll be happy (& so will Larry).

There’s one other picture I’d like to share and it has nothing to do with the house. This was in the local paper. It shows what can happen when crossing the Mackinaw Bridge during high winds. They say the gust was 70mph and the truck was only going 20mph.  Scary ha.

  998872_10151812439602578_1537073397_n

Our high temps and humidity finally broke Friday night. All week we were hitting heat index’s of 100+ which when you don’t have air conditioning and there isn’t a bit on wind (will never complain about the TX wind) it just wasn’t fun. But we are now enjoying temps around 80*, a nice breeze and low humidity.

So that’s it for this week. Till next time……….

 

No comments: