Monday, July 15, 2013

Not much happening

I totally forgot to do my weekend blog. Old age is setting in I guess. Actually it’s getting harder each week to find something to write about. How many times do my friends and family want to hear about the porch or our trips to Menards. I’m actually thinking about putting a hold on the blog until after we get back down in Texas.

So what’s happening here? Last Saturday I went with my sister Nadene out to Michigan State Univ. I’ve mentioned that she owns a Wholesale Distributing Business for agriculture equipment called Farmco. Each year MSU hosts Ag-Expo where you can go to find any type of farm equipment you ever thought of. Anyway we went out to put table cloths on the tables that are inside the tent. They started moving items in a week ago. With the (expensive) permits that the State and County requires it takes that long. They have to tell them what the equipment is, license number of vehicle pulling it, name of driver and what time frame they will be towing it. Toss that all in with all the road construction that always seems to be going on and it’s a very stressful event. Nadene’s words.

Here’s a couple of pictures of just a few of the equipment that they take out there

20130713_102037

20130713_102635_resized

Larry went over to Johnson’s Lumber and picked up a 100 board feet of wood to finish the porch posts with. We’ve been sanding and priming for the last couple of days. I finished the sanding today but we need to put primer on some and then start the painting. Once that's done and put up I’ll post a picture.

Another project I’ve started on was a maple table I found at a garage sale for $15.00. I’ve decided we need more seating in the kitchen when we have company. Larry just loves it when I decide to do something as it normally means work for him, which in this case it will. I want to have a banquette seating area and this table (which has 3 leaves) will be perfect. But first I need to strip it, sand it, prime it, then paint it. Oh and Larry has to make the banquette.

OK, so that’s about it for the week. I know we did lots of other things but as usual can’t think of them when I’m typing this.

So until next time………………………………

No comments: