Saturday, July 27, 2013

Great weather, working on table, getting organized

Weather this week has been pretty perfect, warm, sunny, low humidity. A cold front went through a little while ago and they are talking a high tomorrow of 63. Remember that electric fireplace I bought at my own garage sale, well we might get a chance to see how it works in the next day or so.

I worked on my table this week. OMG I’d forgotten how much work it was to get something like this ready to paint with stripping, sanding then putting a primer on it. Not ready to share pictures yet but once I have it painted and “if” it turns out I will share a couple of pictures. Took me two days just to do all the legs so hopefully tomorrow I can get back in the garage and start on the three leaves and table top.

I do have some pictures to share tho. The first one is a drawing my great niece Quinn in Albq. did This is just awesome for a 12 year old, or awesome at any age.

Quinn's

Our grandson Darrius had his picture in the local On-line paper this week. We went to the last track met on Wednesday and the place was packed. I think it was because it was the last one. We finally left at 9pm after he ran the 100m, just couldn’t take standing on that concrete side lines waiting for the 200m that could be another hour. Anyway here’s the picture of him doing the long jump.

bilde

The last picture shows you what you might see in small town America. Our Police Dept was busy one day trying to capture and arrest these bad guys.

GLPD 1GLPD

I think all they wanted was a cup of coffee at Tim Hortons.

Larry’s been working in the basement getting his shop area as organized as much as you can with a lot of equipment that use to fill a 600 sq ft shop into a whole lot smaller one. But it’s looking better and he’s gotten some work benches set up and drawers made for them. He also got some peg boards this week and framed those to hang. I even got a couple of them for the garage, which he’s also been working on cleaning and organizing.

So that’s about it from this end. Till next time………………………………………………..

No comments: