Saturday, March 2, 2013

Gathering at the River,

Last Sunday there was a gathering down at the Palapa on the River for the benefit of Cinderella Pet Rescue. This is the second year that both our community and the RV Park next door join together to help support Cinderella. Many of the pets that are in both parks have come from this place and the residents do weekly volunteering there to help care for the animals.

003 (Copy)007 (Copy)

The parks were very generous this year and they collect $1500.00. The residents here in Retama who organized this did a great job. 

The 1st addition of the Retama Connections has had some great reviews from our residents. Kathy and I are having fun with this but sometimes it’s hard to keep it to 2 pages. If I could figure out how to put a link to it on my blog I would, maybe my computer guru Kathy can help me.

The Activities Team has been busy trying to get the calendar set up for next year and finding some new events to do. One of the things we worked on is having a three day Ladies Retreat next Dec at the San Antonio River Walk. We’ll see if we can pull this together.

Larry and I went down to the gun range yesterday. I sure wasn’t doing as good as the first time. Kept trying to use the sights on the gun like Larry said I should but all I was hitting was the dirt hill behind the target. So I finally quit concentrating on lining up the sights and guess what I started hitting the target. In fact one shot was darn near a bulls eye.  

The other day there was a picture on FB that our friend Dick G. posted of a piece of furniture this place in TN had at their antique shop.

Antique Shop

295680_515523955158215_691880572_n

Ours

IMG_4096[1]

Look familiar? The only difference is ours has the secret drawers and the other one doesn’t.  I wanted to see if they had a price but there were over 3000 posts under it and really didn’t care that much to go thru all those. Was pretty sure they had more than $100 dollars on it that I paid, not counting the $20 I found in one of the secret drawers.

Guess that’s it for this week. Till next time…………….

No comments: